I'm currently on a quest to find an online bulletin board program, something that will allow students to add comments, pictures, videos, files, link, etc. on to a collaborative space where they can work together to visualize ideas. I've been playing with
www.stixy.com, but now I think I've found a better one,
www.linoit.com. I've created a public board to play with this program, and it would be great if you'd also check it out and give me some feedback. I don't believe you need to have an account or log in to add stickies. I'm wondering if guests can rearrange the stickies as well. So please check it out and let me know what you think. The program gives three options for sharing: the URL of a site
http://linoit.com/users/ychumanities/canvases/Sukey%27s%20test%20lino
Or a link, which is an active image to click on.
Or you can embed the actual board in another site like this one. However, I had to change the height and width in the HTML code to make the frame fit into this blog, and as you can see, it only shows you a section of the entire board. You actually have to grab and drag the image to slide it around to see the whole thing, at least at this size. Not so useful, unless there is a way to have it open in a new window or something, in which case you might as well use the link.
maybe another 'almost'?
ReplyDeletePretty close to IS, actually. I'm really liking this format.
ReplyDeleteYou've always impressed me with your artistic approach to education. Thanks for the chance to play with Linoit; I can see ways to use it.
ReplyDeleteI used a similar program in an assignment in one of my classes this week and got a very positive response. The only problem was that some students couldn't get the program to load or display correctly, which is always an issue when dealing with anything other than the tried and true computer programs.
ReplyDelete